Something to while away the boredom on your next tube journey. For more see Animals on the underground.
VAN GOGH Vincent (1853-1890) Still life with French Novels and a Rose
... linked to words
The Book of my Enemy has been Remaindered - Clive James
SOMEONE ELSE SAID…"It's better to have loved a short girl, than never to have loved a tall."
"When you're over 50 you can still do all the things you did when you were 17 if you don't mind making an idiot of yourself."
- Touriste de Tour de France 2013 – Stage 15 (Givors – Mont Ventoux)
- Touriste de Tour de France 2013 – Stage 14 (Saint-Pourçain-sur-Sioule – Lyon)
- Touriste de Tour de France 2013 – Stage 13 (Tours – Saint-Amand-Montrond)
- Touriste de Tour de France 2013 – Stage 12 (Fougères – Tours)
- Touriste de Tour de France 2013 – Stage 11 (Avranches – Mont-Saint-Michel)
- Time's Paces (Lines on a Clock in Chester Cathedral) - Henry Twells
- Warning: When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple - Jenny Joseph
- The Day that Summer Died - Vernon Scannell
- The North Wind Doth Blow - Mother Goose/Traditional
- Prayer - Carol Ann Duffy
- Rainbow - John Agard
- English Monarchs Rhyme
- The Wrong Beds (after Baudelaire) - Roger McGough
- The Snowdrop - Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Cats Sleep Anywhere - Eleanor Farjeon (1881 - 1965)
IT MADE ME THINK"All morning I struggled with the sensation of stray wisps of one world seeping through the cracks of another. Do you know the feeling when you start reading a new book before the membrane of the last one has had time to close behind you? You leave the previous book with ideas and themes - characters even - caught in the fibres of your clothes, and when you open the new book they are still with you. Well, it was like that. All day I had been prey to distractions. Thoughts, memories, feelings, irrelevant fragments of my own life, playing havoc with my concentration."
The Thirteenth Tale - Diana Setterfield
"L’histoire est un romain qui a été, le romain est une histoire qui autait pu être."
"History is a novel that has been lived, a novel is history that could have been."
(E & J de Goncourt)
from Labyrinth - Kate Mosse
‘Your mind is a lot like your closet. You try to hang up your clothes well and line up your shoes like little soldiers and keep your toys from tipping over, but sometimes you just can’t keep it all organised.’
Anne Ursu - Spilling Clarence
addieharris on The Rabbit – Georgia Rob… Peg Pitcher on The North Wind Doth Blow… Freda Bennett on Cats Sleep Anywhere – El… socomms on The North Wind Doth Blow… Christmas stories an… on Innocents Song – Charles…
Meander-ers around the world……… from 4 September 2011
- 653,572 hits